Just the thought of underwriting 250 deals might make an investor’s head spin! However, this is how Nerissa has been able to successfully grow her apartment building syndication business and close 3 apartment building complexes recently! On today’s episode, we chat with Nerissa about the mistakes (and learned lessons) from her first deal, why it is a MUST to source money and deals simultaneously, what she has learned as a results of underwriting so many deals, and the EXACT criteria she uses that causes her to make an offer on an apartment building!
Nerissa is a partner of The Capital 8 Group. They purchase value add apartment complexes in growing cities in the US. During the comprehensive due diligence process, Nerissa assesses the viability of the investment, identifying weaknesses and strengths and underwrites the property to ensure that it fits the conservative Capital 8 Group, LLC business model. Nerissa has worked in the finance industry starting at John Hancock Financial Services and Merrill Lynch on Wall Street. Nerissa was then a Senior Associate in Operations at GlopeOp Financial Services in Hartford, CT with her clients being multiple hedge funds from around the World. Nerissa then transitioned into real estate overseeing twelve apartment complexes located in 5 States; totaling over one thousand units. This expertise and background has granted Nerissa the knowledge and experience to successfully run apartment deals with The Capital 8 Group, LLC. Nerissa currently resides in Connecticut with her husband and their family nearby.
On today’s episode, we discuss lots of areas related to apartment building investing with Nerissa, including:
- Mistakes (and learned lessons) on the first deal
- Why it is a MUST to source deals and money SIMULTANEOUSLY
- What she has learned from underwriting 250 deals to close on 3 deals
- Her EXACT criteria that cause her to make an offer on an apartment building!
- Website – www.capitalgroup8.com / Email – Nerrisa@capitalgroup8.com / Phone # – 860-538-3524
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast – The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
We have 1000+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have over 2000 meetup members attending close to 15 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!