Investing with your spouse is not always the easiest, but Grace Yarber has figured this out and taken it one step further! A few years ago, after making the bold move to quit her job, she and her husband designed the “life” they wanted FIRST and then aligned their business around it. On today’s episode, we cover a ton with Grace, including two key strategies to use to avoid frustration when investing with your spouse, the #1 phrase to say to male contractors when you are NOT perceived as the decision-maker, and why cold showers are a MUST!
Grace Yarber is the co-CEO of Fixated Real Estate LLC, a high volume real estate investment company based out of the Seattle area that specializes in “Fix and Flip” single-family homes and in the past few years began focusing heavily on BRRRR method. By focusing on building strong, scalable and duplicable systems, the Fixated team has been able to successfully “flip” over 40 million dollars in single-family homes from Seattle, WA to Portland, OR. In December 2016, Grace along with her husband Tarl and their team launched an events business as well. Fixated ON Real Estate monthly meetups now bring over 175+ investors each month and also are hosting the 3rd largest real estate Expo in the Pacific NW in Seattle. Last year’s event called PNW Real Estate Expo 2019 had over 800 attendees and 75 exhibitors. Real Estate has been an income-generating vehicle for Grace and her team to allow them to live the life of their dreams and give back to the community.
On today’s episode, we discuss a lot with Grace, including:
- Creating the life you want FIRST, then fitting your business around IT
- The top #2 keys to investing with your spouse
- How they transitioned to a different (yet related) business
- The power of giving back
- The key to putting “ego” aside
- The #1 phrase to say to male contractors when you are not perceived as the decision-maker
- Why cold showers are a MUST
- Website – fixatedrealestate.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/FixatedRE/
- Annual Event – https://www.pnwrealestateexpo.com/
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in-person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast – The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
We have 1000+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have over 2000 meetup members attending close to 15 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!