Everyone talks about how to find multifamily, but not enough investors are talking about key strategies on how to actually manage the building after closing. We have the pleasure of sitting down with Puja Talati who after years working in corporate left her job to focus on real estate investing full time. On today’s episode, we chat with Puja about her strategic planning process, how to powerfully manage the multifamily after purchase, and why constant communication with your spouse is essential!
Principal and Partner, Puja Talati has real estate experience including overseeing $240M+ in real estate assets and just closed a $52M deal. She has expertise in marketing, strategic growth planning, innovation, and operations. She is currently working on marketing projects for Enzo as well as streamlining operations to enable scalability. Puja also consults with Fortune 500 companies, lending her marketing and branding expertise. She is a former brand manager at The Hershey Company where she managed and marketed iconic brands such as Hershey’s KISSES chocolates, achieving above growth targets for the $420M brand. She also led two brand launches and has experience building brands in international markets. Prior to her career in marketing, Puja was a management consultant at Deloitte Consulting, where she worked in numerous industries and service areas, including post merger strategic planning for Fortune 500 banks. Puja has an undergraduate degree in marketing from Carnegie Mellon University and a MBA from Duke University. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 little girls, working out, cooking, traveling and enjoying a good glass of wine.
On today’s episode, we discuss a ton with Puja, including:
- Key aspects of her strategic planning process
- Importance of managing time efficiently
- How tropical storms can impact your multifamily insurance policy
- How to best manage your multifamily after purchase
- Why constant communication with your spouse is essential
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast – The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
We have 1000+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have over 2000 meetup members attending close to 15 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!