We all know how “hot” multifamily investing is right now in the market. Well, today’s guest, grew her portfolio from zero to 72 in the last 13 months! On today’s episode, we sit down with Gertrude Mageza, a powerhouse woman investor originally from South Africa who shares her story on how to grow a large portfolio in a short time. We discuss how relationship building is the #1 way to finding off-market deals, what key lessons she learned when she bought a 24 unit building, and how to manage fast growth and balance while working with your family EVERYDAY!
Gertrude Mageza is originally from South Africa and then moved to the Boston MA area. After getting connected to her WHY, she co-founded Majestic Properties LLC along with her husband which is a family-owned real estate investment business based in Boston, MA. Her business focuses on finding the right multifamily properties to buy, re-model, and hold. Gertrude draws on a lifetime of experience in international business. With a strong sales and marketing background, she has used her business insight to help grow a multi-million-dollar family real estate investment company that grew from zero units to 72 units in 13 months. Before real estate became her passion, her passion was in the travel industry having worked at British Airways as a Sales and Marketing manager for 3 countries. She loves to travel and wants to have the financial freedom and flexibility to continue to follow her travel passion through her new passion for real estate. Gertrude is also the leader of the Boston InvestHER Meetup Chapter!
On today’s episode, we discuss a lot with Gertrude, including:
- How relationship building helped propel her towards her goals
- The importance of choosing a strategy BEFORE you jump into investing
- How to FIND off market deals in a hot market
- What she learned on her 24 unit multifamily deal
- How to manage quick growth with a powerful team
- How to balance it all with a family run business
Majestic Properties, LLC
Boston InvestHER Meetup Link: https://www.meetup.com/The-Real-Estate-Meetup-Boston-MA/
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast – The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
We have 1000+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have over 2000 meetup members attending close to 15 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!