Losing a loved one is devastating and life changing. On today’s episode, we talk with Jill Johnson, who was forced to figure out how to support her children after the lose of her husband. She shares how one home remodeling project turned into a growing real estate investing portfolio.
We discuss how investing in real estate allows Jill and her now husband to say yes to family time and allow them to travel for over a month at a time with their 5 children, how to focus on one thing you can do today, this week, or this year to further progress to your goals, and how to find and fund deals in out of state markets.
Jill Johnson is a homeschooling, CrossFit loving, real estate investing, mother of five. Jill loves to travel and create new experiences with her family. With her husband and partner, Joe, Jill has grown her real estate portfolio from 0 to 58 units in a little over two years. She invests both locally in her home state of Colorado and out of state in Albuquerque, New Mexico where she utilizes a property management company.
On today’s episode, we discuss a ton with Jill, including:
– The importance of investing in yourself and being in tune with your emotions
– Ways she finds off-market deals in out of state areas
– How to create systems to make self-management easier
– How she worked through struggles and avoided becoming a victim
– The morning routine that makes her the best version of herself for her family and business
– Hindsight advice for new investors
Via website –Lifesneverdull.com
Via Instagram – @lifesneverdull
Via email – email@example.com
Looking for Funding? Ladies, you need to check out Fund That Flip!
We are excited to tell you about Fund That Flip, a company we are very proud to call our sponsor.
Fund That Flip is the leading provider of fast, convenient, affordable capital for experienced real estate investors who buy and rehabilitate residential properties. To date, they have helped hundreds of real estate investors grow their businesses by funding thousands of deals. You deal directly with them, getting your deal funded in as few as 10 days.
85% of their customers come back to do more business with them because of their dedication to exceptional service. It’s why they were named No. 42 of Inc.’s fastest-growing companies in America.
What do they fund?
· New construction
· Buy and Hold Properties
· Cash-out refinance projects from 1-4 units
Real Estate InvestHERs, Get $500 towards your next closing!
Check them out by visiting – www.fundthatflip.com/investher
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
We have 2k+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have over 4k+ meetup members attending close to 25 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram: @therealestateinvesther