One of the biggest challenges many women real estate investors experience is “dealing with contractors.” On this week’s episode, we talk with Sue Hough from Chicago who has over 21 years’ experience in building single-family residential properties (both as an investor and builder). We discuss a ton with Sue, including key red flags when working with contractors, the importance of “lien waivers,” what needs to be in writing when working with contractors, and how to build your confidence estimating costs.
Sue Hough is passionate about everything construction. She has been Residential Builder in the Chicago Market for over 18 years and Founder of August James Ltd., a customer-driven Design-Build firm. In addition, she has over 21 years’ experience investing in single-family residential properties whether that be a fix and flip or buy and hold properties. Sue is currently working on an exciting “Glam-ground” development in South Carolina, blending beautiful historic land with upscale tiny-houses, split log cabins, and fabulous natural amenities. She is also busy building a new single-family home in Chicago and a breath-taking addition in the near Suburbs. In her spare time, Sue enjoys spending time with her three daughters, swimming, hiking and reading a good book.
On today’s episode, we discuss a ton with Sue, including:
- How to get more comfortable with the construction
- #1 way to build your confidence in estimating construction
- KEY legal documents to protect yourself with contractors
- Red flags when dealing with contractors
- How to deal with change orders
- What NEEDS to be set up in writing with your contractors
- FREE GIFT – TEXT “August123” to the following number “44222” for Sue’s contractor docs!
- Webinar Invitation New Project Setup and Project Scheduling Webinar Registration
For November 19th – https://myrehabacademy.webinarninja.com/live-webinars/151662/register
- Website – http://www.augustlimited.com / Email – email@example.com
- Check out the InvestHER Meetup in Chicago, Sue is the leader!
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in-person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast – The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
- Subscribe via Itunes
- Subscribe via Andriod
- Subscribe via Stitcher
We have 1000+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have over 2000 meetup members attending close to 15 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!