Everyone gets the same boring advice when graduating from college….which goes something like this: Go and get a high paying job so that you can achieve the dream of buying your first home.
Well what if this advice was actually not helpful or useful for someone who is looking to achieve financial freedom and long term wealth?
On today’s episode, we are excited to spend time with Tennille McCoy who currently focuses on buying and managing small multifamily properties. Tennille has a full time job as a HR Director and has spent most of her career in the finance world. (She LOVES finances and talking about financial education!) She is an active realtor and investor in Mercer County, New Jersey.
Instead of following the traditional advice of buying a single family home, the first property she purchased was a four unit apartment building. She lived in one unit and rented out the rest of the building. This is called “house hacking” in the real estate investing world. She moved out of the building and went on to use this equity to purchase other properties.
On today’s show, we cover these topics:
- How to “house hack” your first deal
- Financial tips and strategies for Millennials
- Why buying a single family home might be the wrong move for Millennials
- How to live in same building as your tenants
- How she stays grounded through her community involvement and spiritual life
Connect with Tennille via LinkedIn
Resources & books discussed on today’s show:
- dfree: Breaking Free from Financial Slavery by DeForest B. Soaries Jr.
- How to “Hack” Your Housing and Get Paid to Live for Free (BiggerPockets Ultimate Guide)
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!