3 kids (including a 6 week old!), multiple growing businesses, working with her hubby, lifting homes, investing out of state….This powerhouse lady is doing it all!
Pilialoha Yarusi is better known as Pili (Pee-Lee). Pili is originally from Hawaii and has also lived in California and New York before settling in New Jersey. After years working in the arts, managing restaurants, running bars and owning a berry farm … Four years ago Pili decided to dive into Real Estate. After getting her license in 2013 she has not stopped!
Her passion is taking old, rundown, moldy, fire ravaged, termite eaten, over grown, under appreciated homes and turning them in to homes that deserve a good family. She finds the worst homes and gives them a heart again. Using their families extensive background in house lifting and heavy construction Pili and her husband Jason began to “Lift and Flip” basically taking a one story home and lifting it to add square footage.They purchased their first two duplexes in Indiana which came in at a 22% ROI and they ended up selling them back to the investors that brought them the deal for a great profit. This allowed them to open their minds to the possibility of GOING BIG and just last year they closed on their first 94 unit in Louisville KY. She and Jason have three beautiful children and two awesome bulldogs.
On today’s episode, we cover a ton with Pili, including:
- What is house lifting? How does it work?
- How to run multiple businesses at the same time
- What can happen if you don’t have systems in place
- How to think outside the box and create win-wins when meeting homeowners
- Out of state investing and pivoting to apartment building investing
- Managing it all with three kids (one being a newborn!)
Learn more about Pili:
- Via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Real Estate Investing Foundation Podcast – http://thereifoundation.libsyn.com/
- Yarisi Holding Company – yarusiholdings.com
- Construction Company – https://wabuildingmovers.com
Resources/Books mentioned in the show:
- Oprah Supersoul Sunday Book
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Miracle Morning by Hal Erold
Join us on our mission to support and empower as many women as we can to live a financially free and balanced life. We invite you to join the InvestHER Community Facebook group along with other new and experienced women real estate investors!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!