We all hear how important “networking” is to grow your real estate investing business. However, most people are not effective AT ALL when it comes to networking. They really don’t know how to “work a room” and leave with solid opportunities to build long lasting relationships. They just collect as many business cards as they can and think they have been successful at networking.
It is not everyday that we have the chance to chat with the Executive Director of one of the largest (and oldest) real estate networking groups in the country, DIG, which stands for Diversified Investor Group, which is based in Hatfield, PA and serves Philadelphia, PA and the surrounding counties. DIG is a nonprofit organization that’s been around since 1978.
Stephanie Pappas is not only the Executive Director of DIG but also an active investor specializing in flipping homes and licensed realtor. She has done over 30 deals and has been investing since 2000.
On today’s episode, we discuss a lot with Stephanie, including:
- Biggest mistakes when attending networking meetings
- How to move beyond feeling overwhelmed or nervous
- Why it’s critical to join a local networking group
- #1 skill to powerfully connect with people in networking situations
- How to build long lasting relationships
- The easiest and fastest way to get involved in the investing business without any money or any experienceResources/Books mentioned in the show:
- Raising Private Capital (Building Your Real Estate Empire with Other People’s Money) by Matt Faircloth
Stephanie’s contact information:
Email – email@example.com
- InvestHER CommunityJoin us on our mission to support and empower as many women as we can to live a financially free and balanced life. We invite you to join the InvestHER Community Facebook group along with other new and experienced women real estate investors!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!