Lynn’s passion is to build beautiful, livable homes. She is a seasoned homebuilder specializing in spec and custom builds exclusively in Austin, Texas. She started her career years ago as a real estate investor, investing in multiple commercial, residential, and multi-family projects. In 2010, she transitioned from exclusively investing in real estate to sponsoring and constructing real estate investment projects after leaving a highly successful career as owner and entrepreneur in a multi-million dollar advertising and marketing agency. Lynn has built homes ranging from $700,000 up to $2,500,000.
On today’s episode, we cover a lot with Lynn:
- How to make your first deal a successful one
- Tips when vetting contractors
- How to hire a “power” team
- How to avoid bad partnerships
- The key systems that she uses to run her business
- The importance of listening to the small voice in your head
Resources/Books mentioned in the show:
- Coconstruct – Project Management for Custom Building
- Expensify – Program that automates every step of the expense reporting process.
- The Universe Has Your Back – Gabrielle Bernstein teaches readers how to transform their fear into faith in order to live a divinely guided life.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- DISC Profile
- “Great is the enemy of good”
- “Listen to the still small voice in your head”
- “Avoid drinking through a firehose”
- “This business is full of controlled chaos”
Learn more about Lynn and her company, Starling Development
Lynn has some amazing “how to” videos on her YouTube
Join us on our mission to support and empower as many women as we can to live a balanced and financially free life. We invite you to join the InvestHER Community Facebook group along with other new and experienced women real estate investors!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!