Leaving your corporate job to pursue apartment building investing full time is not the easiest thing to do especially if you are a single mom. However, Kavitha Baratakke figured out how to do this with courage and grace. On today’s episode, we chat with Kavitha, a principal at Cherry Street Investments, about the importance of our relationship with money, the ins and outs of opportunity zones, moving from a passive investor to General Partner, her path to leaving her corporate job and much more!
Kavitha Baratakke, a principal at Cherry Street Investments is an Austin- based Accredited Real Estate investor and a full-time MF sponsor with over 10 years of investing experience in single family and multi-family real estate. She has successfully acquired, rehabbed, managed and operated several single-family and multi-family investment properties in the Central Texas area. She is currently invested in over 1800 doors/units in San Antonio, DFW, Atlanta, and Phoenix MSA as a Limited Partner and over 450 doors as a General Partner and Key principal.
When she’s not working on real estate, she’s spending time with her teenage daughter and two puppies – Milo and Oreo, dancing salsa and bachata, cooking up her favorite dish, jumping off a cliff, traveling the world exploring new cultures, countries and food, riding her bike or hiking her favorite trails in the Texas Hill Country.
On today’s episode, we discuss a lot with Kavitha, including:
- The importance of your relationship with money
- Why she transitioned from trading options to real estate investing
- How she successfully transitioned from a passive investor to a General Partner
- The power of opportunity zones
- Moving from her corporate job to a full-time investor
- FREE GIFT – Passive Due Diligence checklist for MF Investments http://cherrystreetinvestments.com/resources/
- Website- http://cherrystreetinvestments.com
- Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/purelypassive/
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast – The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
We have 1000+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have over 2000 meetup members attending close to 15 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Please leave a comment below!